Whenever we conduct training for workers throughout our company or customers in various locations, etc., we would like to make sure that they get the same message and then leave with similar understanding and skills.
You will find 16 separate actions to improve the probability that the training programs would be the same – no matter where and when the training occurs and who conducts the training:
1. Design a lesson plan that clearly articulates the training objectives and goals, along with the type and time period of learning activities to complete individuals goals. If possible, involve the trainers who definitely are facilitating this program so there is a deep knowledge of the training intent and a feeling of possession.
2. Design a participant manual which includes all the content in addition to participant directions for every learning activity.
3. Produce a company manual that explains the important thing points and messages for that training program along with the purpose, setup, facilitation and timing for those learning activities. This will also list all necessary audiovisual or facilitation materials and supply an area diagram.
4. Annotate the table of contents for that participant manual to recognize each learning activity and it is time allocation to setup the game, assign the game and debrief the game.
5. Incorporate a task to check on learner retention (a quiz or questionnaire) to guarantee the learning objectives happen to be achieved.
6. Build inside a participant evaluation that: (a) has got the participants rate their amount of learning for every learning objective (single-5 scale is enough) (b) has got the participants rate the whole training program and (c) requests comments concerning the company, key learning, this program and then any strategies for change.
7. Have potential facilitators attend and have fun playing the training to enable them to go through it in the participants’ perspective in addition to observe the training ought to be conducted.
8. Soon after the possibility facilitators have fun playing the training, evaluate the design decisions, regions of emphasis and training tips while you walk them with the company guide and also the participant manual.
9. Provide the facilitators an chance to rehearse facilitating parts of the training inside a mock training, where they are able to receive feedback in the trainer as well as their peers.
10. Possess the facilitators practice co-facilitating the training program using the lead trainer.
11. Videotape and label each portion of the training (as facilitated either through the lead trainer throughout the training program or through the potential facilitators throughout their rehearsal). Put the videotapes with an accessible site for future review and reference through the facilitators.
12. Make packets or boxes associated with a audiovisuals (PowerPoint slides, switch chart easels and paper, etc.), facilitation tools (colored markers, index cards, laser pointer, masking tape, etc.), tabletop products (participant name cards, kinesthetic objects, etc.) and participant handouts (prizes, certificates, etc.) to ensure that each company has delicately to conduct the training program.
13. Audit the very first program that every company conducts individually.
14. Produce a group chat room therefore the lead training and facilitators can debrief and share encounters, receive program or facilitation dates, and discuss how you can resolve problems that arise because they conduct their training programs.
15. Talk with the facilitators on the scheduled basis to go over and plan any revisions essential to the training program.
16. Conduct refresher train-the-trainer programs when needed.
For those who have every other suggestions for how you can ensure training consistency, please tell me and I’ll add these to their list.